What is Chastity & How do we live it?
- Respecting and choosing God's plan for sexual activity; which is in marriage between a husband and wife.
- An attitude of mind and heart that directs the expression of sexual desire and the use of one's sexual powers to the good of another
- Spiritual energy that helps break the bonds of selfishness and sexual aggressiveness, helping us control our sexual urges
LOVE is patient, kind, willing to endure all things. Love enables a husband and wife to care for and support one another till death do they part. Love is not high pressure and demanding. Love is much more a decision than a feeling.
SEX is a symbol of marital love and commitment. It is meant to be a renewal of the marriage covenant.
FREEDOM is the ability to do what is morally right. Freedom means being able to say "no" to temptations.
For the Unmarried, "Yes" to Love Means "No" to Sex.
Sometimes people think of God's rules as restrictions, but He actually gives us His rules to protect us from the consequences of sinful choices and to fulfill the natures He gave us.
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Hurry-Up Wedding
- Adoption decision
- Abortion regret
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Hazards of birth control
- Being used
- Loss of reputation
- Broken families
- Emotional heartache
- Loss of dreams and goals
- Unnecessary anxiety and stress
- Loss of parents' trust
- Toll of single parenting
- Develop healthy dating relationships
- Stronger marriage
- Complete families
- Closeness to God
- Healthy body
- Love and be loved for the real you
- Be a good role model
- Pursue dreams and goals
- Emotional well-being
- Higher self-esteem